A fresh and homemade vegetable seasoning is just what your pantry needs! Homemade seasonings are so much more flavorful than store-bought versions and have no preservatives. Take 5 minutes to make this blend for all of your cooked veggies.
Have you ever taken a bite of a well cooked veggie and been surprised by how much you like it? I feel like we grow up thinking vegetables just don’t taste as good as, say, chocolate desserts. But sometimes I really crave a good veggie dish! If you are looking for some super yummy vegetable recipes, you’ve got to try these Grilled Vegetable Kabobs, this Vegetable Detox Soup, and these Amazing Vegetable Egg Rolls.
Roasted Vegetables Seasoning
I know what you are thinking, another homemade seasoning blend? What can I say, I’m hooked! After I made my first homemade Ranch seasoning mix a few years ago, I couldn’t get enough of making my own blends. They seriously taste so much better than store bought, and I know exactly what’s in them! That means no unnecessary salt or preservatives. Just good quality, fresh herbs and spices that come together to make the BEST vegetable seasoning you’ve ever had.
This vegetable seasoning is heavily herb based with spices and some savory powders like onion and garlic. It’s actually amazing on a lot more than just vegetables. Throw it on top of your cauliflower steaks or dice up some root vegetables on a large sheet pan for a yummy roasted veggie dish. I’ve used this blend on a baked salmon fillet and it was incredible! I think the best part about this recipe is it literally takes 5 minutes to whip up. It’s made with things you already have in your pantry.
This delicious blend of herbs and spices makes the perfect vegetable seasoning. It is so good on chopped and roasted vegetables. I especially love it on cauliflower and broccoli because it really soaks up all of the flavors. I love these flavors, but if you want to switch things up you can add other ingredients like dill or red pepper flakes. You can find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Italian Seasoning: I love to use my own seasoning blend for the best fresh flavor. It also doesn’t have any added salt, which is another reason I love it!
- Dried Parsley: I love this for a lot of reasons, it’s so good!
- Onion Powder: This really brings out the flavors in the vegetables. It is something I like to use as a dried seasoning even if I am already putting fresh onions in the recipe because it’s just so good.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder is actually a little sweet and savory at the same time.
- Paprika: This is one of the spices that you don’t want to leave out! It’s so flavorful and has a great spice that will heat things up just enough. There isn’t enough in this recipe to actually make it spicy, but without paprika I think the mix is a little too soft.
- Garlic Salt: This is optional. If you don’t want to add garlic salt you can add more garlic powder and Kosher salt instead.
- Kosher Salt: A high quality salt makes all the difference. A pink salt or sea salt works great too.
- Cracked Black Pepper: Freshly cracked black pepper has way more flavor than other versions. You of course can use whatever you have in your pantry.
Seasoning For Vegetables Recipe
It doesn’t get any easier than this vegetable seasoning! You seriously just get all of your ingredients together in a bowl and then stir. You can store your seasonings and use them on more than just veggies. It’s the perfect blend that is amazing with meat too. I love using it on top of roasted vegetables and really anything that I feel could use some extra flavor. It’s just a great thing to have in the pantry. Homemade mixes are always the best anyways!
- Combine: Combine all of the ingredients together and stir.
- Store: Store in an airtight container.
- Add to Veggies: Toss vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning on vegetables before roasting.
Tips for Using Vegetable Seasoning
Here are some of my pro tips for using this seasoning blend. It’s a simple yet really good blend that goes great with so many dishes. Get creative with how you use it and I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do!
- Add Butter: If you want to bring out more of the natural flavors in the vegetables and the seasoning blend, cook the veggies up with some butter. Oil will work too, I love using avocado oil or olive oil. I think they have the best flavor.
- Use as a Rub: This seasoning also makes a great meat rub, or you can add the seasonings to oil and season some fish.
- Recipe Ideas: I shared some of my favorite ways to use this seasoning above. This seasoning blend is perfect for so many recipes, like roasted potatoes or on top of grilled asparagus. You can also try it out on any type of meat as well because the flavor profile is perfect with almost any type of protein. Try this recipe out on tomatoes, red bell peppers, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, and turnips! Any way you cook them, they will taste even more flavorful with this blend.
Storing Homemade Seasonings
Homemade vegetable seasoning doesn’t last as long on the shelf as the store-bought version because it doesn’t have any added preservatives. Here is how to store it.
- On the Counter: You can store your seasoning blend in an airtight container in your pantry (a cool dry place) for up to 3 months.
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Combine all of the ingredients together and stir.
Store in an airtight container.
Toss vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning on vegetables before roasting.
Serving1tablespoonCalories22kcal (1%)Carbohydrates5g (2%)Protein1g (2%)Fat0.3gSaturated Fat0.1g (1%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.1gMonounsaturated Fat0.04gSodium1167mg (49%)Potassium98mg (3%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar0.4gVitamin A539IU (11%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium54mg (5%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Keyword homemade seasoning, vegetable seasoning
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.
IL PRIMO ECOMMERCE SPECIALIZZATO IN DELIZIE AL TARTUFO E CAVIALE – CAVIAREAT.COM