Snickers salad is perfect for any potluck! It’s a mixture of snickers bites and apples, all covered in a vanilla cool whip and topped with chocolate and caramel sauce. This perfectly sweet and salty salad is so delicious and surprisingly easy to make!
I love mixing fruits with some creamy cool whip! If you are looking for a couple more sweet dessert salad mixtures you will love this Strawberry Pretzel Salad or this amazingly delicious Very Berry Cheesecake Salad.
Snickers Salad Recipe
Who says that you can’t mix candy into a recipe and call it a salad?! You guys, this salad is the THE BEST! When I first heard of Snickers in a salad, I have to admit that I was a little skeptical. But, then I realized that it’s a dessert salad! (It also makes a fantastic potluck dish— everyone goes crazy over it!) Plus Snickers go incredibly well with apples so it had to be good, right?
This is a perfect dessert for those backyard BBQs. It’s cool and creamy, with a bit of crunch and the best part is that it is SO easy! You just stir everything together and let it chill for about an hour and voila, a summer dessert everyone will go nuts for!
Ingredients in Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
I love the freshness of fruit combined with the sweetness of a snickers bar. Not to mention the creamy cool whip! These ingredients are simple but pack a big flavor! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Apples: I used both granny smith apples and honeycrisp apples for this salad, but you can just use one kind if that’s what you have!
- Snickers Candy Bars: This is the secret ingredient and the best part of the salad!
- Instant Pudding Mix: You don’t need to prepare this vanilla pudding mixture, you just need the powder to mix into this salad.
- Cool Whip: The cool whip should be thawed before you mix it in.
- Peanuts: Chop them up to garnish the top of the salad.
- Chocolate and Caramel syrup: Drizzle the salad with these sweet sauces at the end according to your preference.
Let’s Make this Dessert Salad!
This snickers salad recipe is so delicious! Making a candy bar salad is an unusual idea that really works. It is simple and easy dessert recipe to put together and there is no way to mess it up!
- Combine: In a large bowl, mix together cool whip and pudding mix until smooth.
- Chop and Stir: Chop the snickers and apples up into bite-sized pieces. Add them to whipped topping mixture and stir in.
- Chill: Drizzle with caramel sauce and chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
Quick Tips and Substitutions
To make this snickers salad your own, add in your family’s favorites. The good thing is that there is no wrong way to put together a dessert salad. Just think of balancing the sweet and salty flavors. Then, consider the texture of your salad and be sure you have filled it with crunchy ingredients to cover with the creamy sauce.
- Pudding mix: Try butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla pudding mix for extra depth of flavor. Other pudding ideas I have seen that sound delicious are cheesecake and french vanilla.
- Candy: Use a Twix or Butterfinger or whatever your favorite bar is instead of the Snickers. I personally think the saltier candies work best, like a Payday or Take 5 Bar.
- Fruit: Use any crisp tart fruit you have on hand. I love the idea of adding pear too!
- Use Cold Ingredients: Freeze or Refrigerate the candy bar before adding it in. Keep your apples cool in the refrigerator until ready to use as well.
Can You Store Leftover Snickers Salad?
This recipe is best served the day it is made because the candy can get mushy. However, you can store it for a day if needed! Just store it in an airtight container in your fridge.
- 2 green apples chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red apples chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 6 king size Snickers bars OR 12 snack size Snickers bars
- 1 container instant vanilla pudding mix 5 ounces, not prepared
- 12 ounces cool whip thawed
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
Mix together cool whip and pudding mix until smooth.
Drizzle with caramel sauce and chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
Updated on August 30, 2022
Originally Posted on June 22, 2014
Calories470kcal (24%)Carbohydrates68g (23%)Protein7g (14%)Fat20g (31%)Saturated Fat7g (35%)Polyunsaturated Fat3gMonounsaturated Fat7gTrans Fat0.3gCholesterol14mg (5%)Sodium217mg (9%)Potassium375mg (11%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar54g (60%)Vitamin A215IU (4%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium112mg (11%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Appetizer, Dessert, Side Dish, Snack
Keyword easy, snickers salad