24/09/2021

THAILAND DAILY

NEWSPAPER / MAGAZINE / PUBLISHER

sick-isis-suicide-bomber-revealed

Sick ISIS suicide bomber revealed

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the Kabul airport suicide bomb attacks in Afghanistan, which killed at least 60 people.

    ISIS has claimed responsibility for the Kabul airport suicide bomb attacks which killed at least 60 people today.

    The terror group released a picture of one of the suicide bombers, identified as Abdul Rehman Al-Loghri.

    Twelve US troops are among at least 60 people killed and 140 injured in the attacks.

    Two explosions rocked the airport in Afghanistan just hours before the evacuation deadline.

    Thousands of people have gathered at the airport over the past 12 days hoping to be evacuated after the Taliban seized power.

    A senior Afghan health official told the BBC that at least 60 people had been killed and 140 others hurt.

    At least 12 US service members were killed in the bombings, including 11 Marines and one Navy medic, while 15 were injured, the Pentagon said.

    Other blasts were heard in Kabul hours after the earlier two.

    A US official confirmed the first blast was caused by a suicide bomb, with initial reports suggesting the second explosion was a car bomb.

    Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said one explosion occurred near buses lined up outside Abbey Gate and the other close to the nearby Baron Hotel.

    A source told Fox News that the attacks in Kabul may be an “ongoing event” – with more violence to come.

    President Joe Biden vowed the United States would “hunt down” the terrorists responsible for two attacks outside Kabul International Airport in Afghanistan and “make them pay”.

    “To those who carried out this attack, as well as anyone who wishes America harm, know this: we will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay,” Mr Biden said, speaking at the White House.

    “I will defend our interests and our people with every measure at my command.”

    He said he had asked his military commanders to develop operational plans to strike ISIS-K’s assets, leaders and facilities.

    One of the bombers reportedly hit people standing in a wastewater canal – sending bodies flying into the water.

    People waiting desperately for a space on a flight out of Afghanistan were seen carrying those who had been wounded to ambulances, their clothes covered in blood.

    Bloodied survivors were raced from the scene in wheelbarrows, according to local TV news channels.

    Shocking footage showed desperate loved ones searching through dozens of bodies in a sewage canal on the outskirts of the airport.

    US will continue to ‘co-ordinate’ with Taliban

    US military officials said the United States “will continue to co-ordinate” with the Taliban in providing safe passage to the airport in Kabul.

    Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr., commander of US Central Command, said during a press briefing Thursday that the evacuation effort out of the Harmid Karzai International Airport would continue, and that the US military had been sharing “information with the Taliban” to help prevent such attacks.

    “We share versions of this information with the Taliban, so that they can actually do some searching out there for us. And we believe that some attacks have been thwarted by them,” he said. “We cut down the information we give the Taliban, they don’t get the full range of information that we have, but we give them enough to act time and space to try and prevent these attacks.”

    Mr McKenzie said he expected such attacks to continue and that the US military was doing everything it could to be prepared for those attacks.

    “That includes reaching out to the Taliban, who are actually providing the outer security around the airfield to make sure they know what we expect them to do to protect us, and we will continue to co-ordinate with them going forward,” he said.

    Two explosions rocked Kabul earlier Thursday, one outside the airport’s Abbey Gate and a second near the Baron hotel, where U.S. Army helicopters previously evacuated Americans into the Kabul airport.

    President Biden has met with his national security team and will continue to be briefed on updates throughout the day, the White House said. The Department of State, meanwhile, has told congressional staff to stop directing Americans to the airport.

    – with Fox News and New York Post

    Comments

    be the first to comment on this article

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Take Me Top