Eight-step vaccination process worked out by Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute
Thailand’s public health ministry’s Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute (BIDI) has developed an eight-step process for COVID-19 vaccinations to be provided at hospitals across the country.
Public Health Vice Minister Dr. Sophon Mekthon, in his capacity as chair of the COVID-19 vaccines management sub-committee, visited BIDI on Sunday to witness a test of the process, which will take 37 minutes from step one, when a person registers to receive the vaccine, until the last step when they can leave the hospital.
The full eight steps are:
- A person registers at a kiosk-style machine (to reduce contact)
- The person’s weight and blood pressure are taken
- Screening and background check
- Wait to be inoculated
- Vaccination, taking 5-7 minutes
- Wait under observation for 30 minutes. Doctors and nurses with resuscitation equipment will be on standby in case the injected person suffers serious side effects. All those who receive the vaccine are required to download the Mor Prom app to their smart phones for follow-up checks on the 1st, 7th and 30th day after the first dose, after which they will receive notification of the appointment for the second dose
- After the 30-mintutes of observation, nurses will ask about the patients’ condition, offer them advice and a pamphlet about vaccination before they return home
- Those who have received the second dose will receive a text message, via the Mor Prom app, confirming the completion of vaccination process
Dr. Thongchai Lertwilairattanapong, chief inspector-general of public health, said that the COVID-19 vaccination process is more complicated than that for other inoculations because many people are involved and, therefore, utmost safety must be ensured.
The post Eight-step vaccination process worked out by Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute first appeared on Thai PBS World : The latest Thai news in English, News Headlines, World News and News Broadcasts in both Thai and English. We bring Thailand to the world.