Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
These air fryer frozen waffle fries are so easy and make the perfect side to any meal! Crispy and flavored to perfection, they will leave your mouth watering and wanting more!
I love quick snacks in the air fryer! They only take a few minutes to cook, and there are so many different things you can make! Try out my favorite roasted asparagus, these corn dogs, or this delicious shrimp!
Easy Frozen Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer
I know, I know… I am a little bit obsessed with my air fryer. Let’s be honest, though; how can you not be?! I love making things in my air fryer, but it never ceases to amaze me when I taste whatever I am cooking, that it is crispy and fresh, even if it is reheated leftovers! It takes foods and leftovers and suddenly turns them into fresh, restaurant-quality food!
These fries are no exception! Not only are they super quick and easy, but they are seasoned to perfection and taste so good with some homemade fry sauce or delicious garlic aioli sauce. These air fryer waffle fryers are the perfect side to a hamburger! These fries are deliciously crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Plus, since they are cooked in an air fryer, there is no oil, which means no mess!
Ingredients to Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
This ingredients list is short and sweet. You only need three things, and you are on your way to having the perfect air fryer waffle fries at your fingertips whenever you want! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Frozen Waffle Fries: You can find these at any of your local grocery stores. Waffle fries are my favorite!
- Olive Oil Spray: The only oil that you need to make these fries is a quick spray so that they don’t stick to the basket. Like I said, easy and mess-free!
- Salt: You can use regular table salt but ilove to use or seasoning salt to add a little more flavor!
Are Air Fryer Waffle French Fries Hard to Make?
Air fryer recipes don’t get much easier than this! These fries are simple and easy, and the air fryer does all of the work for you. Set it and forget it! You are going to love how they turn out.
- Spray: Place the frozen fries in the basket of your air fryer and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Cook: Cook at 400°F degrees for 10 minutes. Shake the fries and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until crispy.
- Add Flavor: Season with salt or seasoning salt if needed!
Tips for Cooking with an Air Fryer
Let’s make these air fryer frozen waffle fries the best you’ve ever had! Follow these steps so that yours turn out so good that people will think that you ordered them at a restaurant.
- Shake it up: To make sure your fires all get crispy and cooked evenly be sure to toss them gently half way through. You’ll want to rotate the bottom to the top and move them around. You can shake them up more than once, if you’d like. Some air fryers rotate, but you’ll still want to check and see how they’re doing half way through.
- Don’t Overfill: For frozen fries you don’t want to fill your air fryer more than half to ¾ full. You do not have to put frozen fries in a single layer, but you for don’t want to over crowd the basket. Then you could end up with undercooked fries.
- Crispier: Depending on the thickness and type of fry you use, you might need to increase or decrease the cooking time. The longer you cook the fries, then the crispier they will become.
Cooking Different Types of French Fries
You can cook just about any kind of frozen french fries in the air fryer. In case you don’t have waffle fries on hand, here are the cooking times for other types of fries! Don’t forget, they all need to be flipped about halfway through!
- Sweet Potato Fries: I love a good sweet potato fry! These go with just about anything. You can cook them in the air fryer for about 16 minutes.
- Shoestring Fries: Who doesn’t love delicious shoe string fries? All thin and delicous, they are some of my favorites. Cook them at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes, flipping them halfway through!
- 16 ounces Frozen Waffle Fries
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt or seasoning salt to Taste
Place the frozen fries in the basket of your air fryer and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
Cook at 400°F degrees for 10 minutes. Shake the fries and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until crispy.
Season with salt or seasoned salt if needed!
Calories295kcal (15%)Carbohydrates34g (11%)Protein3g (6%)Fat17g (26%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat10gSodium556mg (23%)Potassium488mg (14%)Fiber5g (20%)Vitamin C7mg (8%)Calcium10mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Appetizer, Side Dish
Keyword air fryer frozen waffle fries