1,408 more COVID-19 infections found among prison inmates today
Thailand’s Corrections Department announced today (Tuesday) an additional 1,408 COVID-19 cases among inmates in seven prisons, bringing total inmate infections to 11,670.
The new infections announced today and patients undergoing treatment in 13 prisons are:
- Chiang Mai Central Prison, 50 new cases, 3,608 cases in treatment
- Bangkok Remand Prison, no new infections, 1,851 cases in treatment
- Central Women’s Correctional Institution, 245 new cases, 1,428 cases in treatment
- Klong Prem Central Prison, 159 new cases, 1,175 cases in treatment
- Thonburi Remand Prison, 277 new cases, 2,807 cases in treatment
- Chachoengsao Central Prison, 7 new infections, 56 cases in treatment
- Central Rehabilitation and Correctional Institution, no new infections, 12 cases in treatment
- Nonthaburi Prison, 342 new cases, 400 cases in treatment
- Min Buri Remand Prison, no new infections, two cases in treatment
- Narathiwat Prison, no new infections, one case in treatment
- Mae Sot District Prison, no new infections, one case in treatment
- Samut Prakan Central Prison, no new infections, one case in treatment
- Bang Kwang Central Prison, 328 new cases, 328 in treatment
Department Deputy Director-General Sitthi Suthiwong said that they have been conducting swab tests on all prisoners and taking X-rays of every inmate infected with the disease, to separate the infected from those who are free from the disease, so treatment can be provided immediately.
The post 1,408 more COVID-19 infections found among prison inmates today first appeared on Thai PBS World : The latest Thai news in English, News Headlines, World News and News Broadcasts in both Thai and English. We bring Thailand to the world.